Yes, we serve as a fiduciary. This means we are legally obligated to act in your best interest. It also means we must provide financial advice that is sound, accurate and free from conflicts of interest.
Our Pledge to the Fiduciary Standard:
- Always put your best interests first.
- Act with prudence, providing you with the skill, diligence and good judgment of a trusted advisor.
- Provide full and fair disclosure of all important facts.
- Ensure all investment advice and analysis is accurate and complete.
- Avoid conflicts of interest and fairly manage, in your favor, any unavoidable conflicts of interest.
As a fee-only firm, our compensation comes solely from the assets we manage on your behalf. This covers your comprehensive financial planning and/or wealth management services, including investment management. Fees are paid quarterly and cover all of the services we provide.
The term "fee-only" refers to the method of compensation for a financial advisor. As a fee-only advisor, we are compensated solely by fees paid by our clients. We do not accept commissions or compensation from any other sources. We believe it creates a material conflict of interest if an advisor stands to gain financially from putting their clients in a specific investment vehicle or product they recommend.
We work with a wide variety of clients in terms of age, location and profession; however new relationships often begin when a prospective client is facing a major life event or transition. This may include retirement, marriage, divorce, sale of a business, the birth of a child or death of a spouse or loved one.
Entrepreneurs, business owners, healthcare professionals, corporate executives and attorneys tend to benefit from our services because they appreciate educated advice and delegate to us to save them time.
We also work with many “accumulators,” or clients who are in the early to middle stages of their careers, and have at least $250,000 in investable assets.
Regardless of your unique circumstances and stage in life, our purpose remains the same: to help you feel confident about your dreams, goals and future.
A few details differentiate us from other firms, including:
- By industry standards, our client-to-employee ratio is exceptionally low (by design). It allows us to develop trusting, long-lasting relationships with you and provide prompt, proactive and customized advice.
- Our role as a fiduciary and independent advisory firm allows us to remain conflict-free and act in your best interest.
- Seamless Collaboration
- We work seamlessly with your other professionals (accountants, attorneys, etc.) to find optimal solutions or strategies for you.
- No Sales Pressure or Cross-Selling
- Because we are fully independent, there is no pressure to sell products or services that aren’t beneficial to you.
Marquette can help you answer questions such as:
- Where am I at today?
- We’ll review your current financial situation.
- Where do I want to go?
- Together, we will discuss your goals, objectives and concerns as we develop your financial plan.
- How do I there?
- We’ll review strategies that help maximize the likelihood of meeting your future goals.
Undoubtedly, your financial needs will evolve over time. Whether it’s reviewing your investment accounts, reducing debt, saving for college, planning for retirement or efficiently transferring wealth to your heirs, we’ll work with you through each stage of your life
When appropriate, we will coordinate with your outside professionals, including attorneys and accountants. We frequently bring the team together to work closely on income tax planning and estate planning or wealth transfer strategies.
Our firm does not maintain custody of your assets. Typically, client assets are held at Charles Schwab, a FINRA-registered broker-dealer and member SIPC, as the qualified custodian. Marquette Wealth Management is not affiliated with Charles Schwab.
Marquette was founded in 2005 as a subsidiary of Marquette Financial Companies, a diversified financial services firm owned by the Carl R. Pohlad family. Today, Marquette is owned by some of its senior employees. We have 10 full-time employees dedicated to various areas of our business, including relationship management, client service, portfolio management, operations, trading, financial planning and compliance.
While your main point of contact will be with one of our Relationship Managers, we serve clients using a team-based approach, meaning your broader team would include a client service associate as well as a dedicated portfolio manager to help implement and oversee your investment portfolio.
The first step is to get to know each other. During our initial conversation, we will discuss your objectives, goals and concerns. We’ll also share more about our firm, our people and the scope of our services. There is no obligation or cost for this and we will mutually decide on appropriate next steps.